Please note that when you use this website www.honda-engines-eu.com (referred to below as ‘the Website’), cookies will be installed on your PC, laptop, and/or mobile device.
The cookies that will be installed are necessary cookies, functional cookies, and Google Analytics cookies.
These cookies are used to enable you to use the Website, to enable us to analyse your visit and use, and to improve our services.
If you do not accept the installation of such cookies on your PC, laptop, and/or mobile device, we advise you not to use this Website www.honda-engines-eu.com.
Below, we provide more specific information on what cookies are and describe in detail what necessary cookies, functional cookies, and Google Analytics cookies are.
What is a cookie?
Cookies can be installed by the server of the website you visit or by partners of that website. The server of a website can only read the cookies it has installed itself and has no access to other information on your computer or mobile device. The cookies are stored in a specific browser folder on your computer and/or mobile device. A cookie usually consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date, and a unique number code.
In general, cookies make the interaction between the visitor and the website faster and simpler and help the visitor to navigate between the different parts of a website. Cookies can also be used to make the content of advertisements on a website more relevant to the visitor and can be adjusted to the visitor’s personal tastes and requirements.
Management of cookies
Most browsers are set in a way that they accept the cookies used on our Website. However, you can adjust the parameters of your browser to deactivate these cookies. If you deactivate cookies, it is possible that certain parts of the Website will not be shown correctly or that some applications cannot be used.
Cookies on the Website www.honda-engines-eu.com
Different types of cookies are used on the Website www.honda-engines-eu.com.
• Direct cookies These cookies are placed directly and are managed by Honda Motor Europe Logistics NV, with its corporate seat at Langerbruggestraat 104, 9000 Ghent, Belgium, and with company number 0418.250.835 (referred to hereinafter as ‘Honda’).
• Third-party cookies These cookies are placed and managed by other parties, such as Google Analytics. They are placed during your visit to the Website www.honda-engines-eu.com. They ensure that certain information is sent to third parties via your visit to the Website www.honda-engines-eu.com.
Different types of cookies
• Necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for visiting our Website and for the use of certain parts of the Website. For example, with these cookies you can complete forms or navigate between the different parts of the Website. Even when you log in with your personal account, these cookies are required to check your identity safely before you get access to your personal data. If you reject these cookies, certain parts of the Website will not work or will not work optimally.
• Functional cookies: functional cookies are cookies that make it easier to enable the Website to function, that make navigating more convenient for visitors, and that ensure a more personalised browsing experience. These cookies can remember your language choice or your user name for example, so that you do not need to enter your login details every time again.
The information Google gathers is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is explicitly not shared. Google transfers the information to and saves it on servers in the United States. If your personal data is processed outside the European Union, we will use contractual data protection clauses that have been approved by the European Commission to ensure the same level of protection is safeguarded.
For how long are cookies saved?
• Use of permanent cookies With the aid of permanent cookies, we can recognise you on a new visit to our Website. As a result, the Website can be tailored to your preferences. When you have granted consent to the placement of cookies, we can also remember this by means of a cookie. This means that you do not need to repeat your preferences again and again, and you therefore save time and can use our Website more conveniently. You can remove permanent cookies via the settings in your browser.
• Use of session cookies With the aid of a session cookie, we can see which parts of the Website you viewed during your visit. As a result, we can adjust our service to the surfing behaviour of our visitors to the highest possible extent. These cookies are automatically removed as soon as you close your web browser.
Right of inspection and right to rectification or deletion of your data You have the right to request inspection of your data and to rectification or deletion of your data. See our contact page for this. In order to prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately for this purpose. With regard to inspection of personal data linked to a cookie, you should send a copy of the respective cookie with your request. You can find these in the settings of your browser.
Honda will process personal data obtained by cookies only if there are legal reasons to do so. Legal grounds may include the following:
• Legitimate interests
• The approval of the person involved
Honda will use a legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal data obtained by necessary, functional, and analytical cookies.